Thought of the Day:
Can you give 5?
Tennis Warm-Ups (3:20-3:30):
- Cross Court Consistency – 3 courts, start rally, error you rotate out, keep track of errors
- Cherry Pickers
- Hurdle Walk
- Knee Hug/Lunge
- Arm Circles
- High-Five Footwork
- Medicine Ball Toss (2 Courts)
- Jump Rope
- Jump Squats
- Football Tap
- Groundstrokes – Fast feed 2 to each side. Work on cross court. Shoulders, hips
- Net Sprint – 4 per court (use half the court). You play out a point. As soon as it ends you have to sprint and touch the net first. If the loser of the point gets to the net first, no point is earned.
- Doubles – Score is earned by points and effort
- Doubles pairings
- Serves – start at service line, then shift back
- Serve Index
- One Handed Backhands – use cone, work drop feed.
- Heckler – I heckle players rd. 1, they can argue back rd 2
- Pink Elephant
One Point Tournament
Stealer – 2 players rallying. 2 people up at the net (stealer) if the net person in has to play it out. If they win they get 3 points, if they lose, they lose 3 pts.