VARSITY 1-1 AT TEAM STATE REGIONAL
The Varsity Wrestling Firebirds split a pair of duals at the 2020 OHSAA Region 7 Dual Tournament. Fairmont opened with a win over Western Brown 46-33 to advance to the Quarterfinals. In that round, Fairmont mounted a furious comeback against the # 2 seeded Elks of Centerville before falling short, 39-27. On Jan. 9 the Elks had defeated the Firebirds 51-24. Fairmont ends it’s dual season with a 14-5 record, the most dual wins since the 2000-2001 season.
2 Wins – Evan Overholser, Ali Salih, Nevan Snodgrass, Evan Thompson
1 Win – John Conley, Jacob Deglow, Braeden Denlinger, Austin Hedges, Bryton Miller, Clayton Ranchel
GWOC – FRI. 2/14/20 (SETUP) & SAT 2/15/20 (TOURNAMENT & TEAR-DOWN)
- Athletes that aren’t practicing should report to the locker after school for setup on Friday 2/14/20.
- Families – please bring your hospitality donation at the times listed below & on the travel sheet (attached).
- ALL athletes are expected to attend/wrestle/work on Saturday for the duration of the tournament + tear-down.
*** See Travel Sheet (attached) ***
GWOC – PARENT/FAMILY DONATIONS
|GR||ITEMS||DELIVER TO TRENT|
|9||Last Name A-K Fruit
Last Name L-Z Large bag of chips
|2/14 during set-up|
|10||2 dozen Bagels or Donuts
AND 1 case H2O
|2/14 during set-up|
|11||Caesar salad mix 0r mixed salad (for 12)||2/14 during set-up|
|12||3 dozen cookies + 1 case H2O||2/14 during set-up|
NON-VARSITY – “END OF SEASON PROCEDURE”
We will begin releasing some non-varsity athletes from practice starting Monday 2/10/20. Some may be asked to stay all the way through Sectionals (Feb. 28-29). Regardless of release date, ALL will be required to complete/help with the following:
- Go through an exit meeting with a Coach / clean-out locker / turn in all equipment (DUE NO LATER THAN MON. 2/10/20)
- Help setup on Fri 2/14/20 ANDattend/work GWOC Championships on Sat 2/15/20.
- Help setup on Thu 3/5/20 ANDattend/work the District Championships on Fri-Sat 3/6-7/20.
- Attend the Awards Banquet on Tue. 3/31/20 (after spring break).
*** A separate email will be sent shortly with all of the info for GWOC/District/Awards Night/Off-Season Meeting (forms given to the athletes during meeting) ***
CHIPOTLE DINE NIGHT – TUE. 2/18/20
Please make an effort to eat at Chipotle & spread the word for next week!
*** Flyer Attached ***
WEEKLY PRACTICE SCHEDULE
MON. 2/10 – Practice 3:36-5:30 / Youth Practice 6:15-8:15
TUE. 2/11 – Practice 3:36-5:30
WED. 2/12 – Practice 3:36-5:30
THU 2/13 – Practice 3:36-5:30
FRI. 2/14 – Practice 3:36-5:15 / GWOC SETUP (HOME) *SEE TRAVEL SHEET*
SAT. 2/15 – GWOC CHAMPIONSHIPS (HOME) *SEE TRAVEL SHEET*
SUN. 2/16 – OFF
TRAVEL SHEETS ONLINE – https://kffirebirds.com/high-school-links/upcoming-travel-high-school/
Wrestling Fee – $130 – Shockingly, we still have missing fees. PLEASE GET THESE IN OR THEY ARE ADDED TO YOUR SCHOOL FEES!
UPCOMING (NEXT WEEK & BEYOND)
Feb. 18 – CHIPOTLE DINE NIGHT (Far Hills / 5-9 PM)
Feb. 28-29 – V @ Sectional Championships
Mar. 5 – District Setup (after school – all team members)
Mar. 6-7 – V-District Championships (all team members will attend & work both days!)
Mar. 13-15 – V @ State Championships
Mar. 31 – AWARDS NIGHT (all team members & families, make plans to attend!)